One of my favorite revelations from my nutrition education is the fact that there are such things as healthy fats and that one of the important and notable roles of fats in the body is that they make other foods taste better AND that they aid in satiating the body since they are digested more slowly than proteins and carbohydrates. One of my favorite times to enjoy a little fat bomb is after dinner when I have a craving for something sweet. When I eat one of these, it helps keep me satiated overnight and aids in stabilizing my blood sugar so I don’t wake up the next morning ravenous. That’s a win-win in my book! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!! And keep in mind that there are endless possibilities with what you mix into these in terms of flavor combinations.
Peppermint Chocolate Fat Bombs
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp peppermint extract alcohol free
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup almond butter sugar free
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Melt coconut oil and almond butter in a small saucepan. Once melted, stir in cocoa powder and peppermint extract. Once incorporated, stir in the shredded coconut.
Use a small measuring cup to pour liquid mixture into a clean ice cube tray or a silicon mold if you have one.
Place in freezer and allow to harden for approximately 15 minutes. Store in freezer, enjoy within 3 weeks.